Monday, October 30

Pope on a Rope.

Finally back in Bath, and I am overjoyed.

Things That I Will Miss About Fall Break:
-the gorgeous weathe
r in France and Italy
-gelato (particularly from the place to the right of the Trevi Fountain)
-Euro MTV (particularly the weird german/italian soap and the Scissor Sisters video)
-free croissants for breakfast and real non-instant coffee/espresso
-stores being open past 6
-buying on the euro
-once in a lifetime opportunities,
like making Pope jokes at the Vatican

Things That I Will Not Miss About Fall Break:
-living out of a backpack (particularly wearing the same pair of pants so much that i have to roll them at the waist to keep them on)
-not being able to straighten my hair
-reading maps all the time
-hotel beds and bathrooms and showers (p
articularly when the hotel showers ARE the bathrooms...)
-once in a lifetime opportunities, like walking across Rome at midnight barefoot (um, I know.)

So it was a wonderful time but I am very much glad to be back. The pictures are being updated slowly, seeing as it is a long and arduous process. Currently the Nice pics are up so hopefully those will hold you over until I have time to add the Italy pics. For now, a preview:



Just a little shot of the Sistine Chapel. Apparently the only reason you're not supposed to take pictures of it is because Japanese TV has a copyright to it (lame). So obviously when I found that out I had to get a picture just to spite them.

Also, If anyone can think of something brilliant for me to be for Halloween, please let me know within the next 24 hours.

No comments: