Friday, December 11

The Selfish Gift Guide

My mother used to always tell me that she hated when people gave gifts that they wanted you to have vs gifts you actually wanted. I've tried to take this to heart in my own holiday shopping, but I keep coming across items that I just want people to have. So I've compiled them here, in the Selfish Gift Guide, to let people know what they should want if they wanted to make my holiday shopping easier.

The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman














Seriously how do you NOT want this book? It's so pretty, and surprisingly weighty- you'd be getting my money's worth! PLUS I have a trial Amazon Prime membership that would allow me free 2-day shipping.

Pride and Prejudice (either new edition)



Ok, so you probably own it, but there's no way it's this chic. And remember my Amazon Prime trial.

Russian Doll Measuring Cups


Fun and functional!

And similarly from Fred Flare, the Gin and Titonic Ice Cube Tray*



Equally fun, if not quite as functional, and the pun is spectacular.
*I know it only makes 4 ice cubes. I know that it is the most high-maintenance ice cube tray that ever lived. But just look at that pun.

Well this could go on for awhile, but I'll just stop there. Happy gift-giving and gift-receiving (or my personal choice, the gift-baking).

No comments: