Monday, February 26

Rescue Rangers

Ok so my idea here was to say something about how I didn't want to blog about the Oscars, but about a news story I saw AFTER the Oscars in which a little girl was attacked by a squirrel (who wanted her sun chips). Unfortunately I can't find a link to that story. However, upon googling squirrel attacks in Virginia I did find this little gem, which is both hysterical and recent enough to be noteworthy.

I believe this is my favorite excerpt:

"At that point, the communications major said she tried to unlatch Toby by beating it against the bench.

'What else do you do in that situation?' she asked. "There's no stop, drop and roll.' "


No, indeed not.

Wait a minute, I just noticed that the squirrel also has a name. Seriously? It gets better and better.

And I know that 'Rescue Rangers' is a pretty irrelevant title, even if you disregard the fact that the Rescue Rangers were chipmunks. But its 9am and you just can't expect greatness that early. Now off to the gym.

No comments: