Friday, January 12

Marauding Bandana-its.

To escape Mom's Bunco group tonight, Dad and I journeyed to the Valencia Town Center (Westfield Town Center, Valencia? Valencia Westfield Town Center? whatever). And yes dinner was good and coffee was better (what can I say, I'm an addict) but the amount of teenagers (or as my Dad called them, marauding bandits) is really unbearable.

I guess I shouldn't say "teenager" since I'm only one year out of teenage-dom. But seriously, the jr/hs set was out in full force. I think what surprised me more than the sheer number of them (after all, there really aren't many options in our valley so I suppose its the favored congregation point) was their horrible sense of style. I don't know what's up with this emo/pop/punk style, but its really not flattering. I mean ok, I support skinny jeans, accept leggings, and can even tolerate a leg warmer or two (hmm yes two would definitely be better than one). But there is one piece of flare I must condemn: The Rocky Style Bandana Headband.

What would prompt a girl accessorize in such a manner? It's not doing anything for your hair, it doesn't make you look badass (this is Santa Clarita, for crying outloud) and you're not Rocky. Yet still some persevere.

I can only hope that what I saw was a minor case, and that it will not develop into a full blown epidemic.

Wow I really need to find new things to blog about.

1 comment:

Mackalicious said...

lol your blog makes me laugh, do not blog about other things.

And its so true. Except I DESPISE leggings. Most people here are ridiculously well dressed, but then I saw a girl in leopard print leggings and nothing else today (well I mean, she was wearing a shirt...you get it). Dude, wtf.