Friday, August 18

New and Improved (read: Not So) Fun Zone

Yesterday I mentioned how I rarely ever post current events....and here I am, doing it again: The End of the Fun Zone Era.

This isn't actually new by any means, but I wanted to take a moment, if belated, and mourn. Growing up (I say that like I'm not anymore...) we always went to the fun zone when we visited my grandparents, and I always freaked out in front of the Dark and Scary Ride (supposedly called the Scary Dark Ride, but this is my blog so I'll say what I want). Then my gparents moved up north for awhile and we didn't go back until later in high school...apparently the Dark and Scary Ride wasn't so Dark and Scary.

Aaanyway, I think it's pretty sad that it's being replaced by a museum. Sure, a "starfish-laden touch tank" has potential, but chances are good that it's either lame, overpriced, or both.

Hmm...should I get some more water for my half-empty glass?

If only I was wealthy and could buy my favorite lawsuit-waiting-to-happen ride, ie the drummer-boy-spinning-teacupish-thing. Then I could put it in my parents' backyard and have a taste of Newport kitsch whenever I wanted. Or twice a year at the very least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all I remember about those teacups, is they are the reason I can never ride teacups again. The spinning was so fast....so fast

robyn grace said...

ahaha i know right? there's no way those things passed any sort of safety inspection. unlike that sloth ride that disneyland has...pffft.